I just wanted to share this workshop with you which is being held on the GCU campus. Judi Millar is a master herbalist and is a faculty member of the Holistic Health department. She is offering a fabulous workshop at the end of month on herbalist care for the heart. This is really fitting being that February is Heart Month, so why not take the time to learn total body care for your heart.
Herbal Allies to Support the Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Heart
This workshop will explore our human heart as an organ of feeling and perception, as well as a circulatory organ. We’ll end the workshop with a related art/cultural activity.
* We will discuss herbs in relation to the physical and non-physical functions of the heart.
* We’ll engage in a heart opening meditation.
* I’ll have samples of “Spiritual Heart Support” formulas for you to experience.
* You will create one formula for “Spiritual Heart” support.
* We will create our own “Talking Stick” as a vehicle to speak from and listen with our hearts.
**Additional tinctures and herbs may be available for purchase.**
Date: Sunday, Feb. 26
Time: 2-5 p.m.*Please arrive a few minutes early—I intend to start at 2p.m
Where: Georgian Court University—Casino Ballroom
Fee: $20- covers cost of materials and needs to be received by Feb. 18th.
Please email Judi Millar for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring: **A water bottle***Items you may want to add to your Talking Stick—especially feathers you have found, small shells or crystals, or beads. Although I will provide materials, those you provide will have more power and meaning, and will add to the unique nature of your Talking Stick.***A floor cushion if you prefer to sit on the floor for the meditation, or to do your artwork.***a pocket knife if you intend to carve anything into the stick.