Heather Rosen is currently a student in the GCU Holistic Health Studies Master’s degree and is also a massage therapist. This week, she will be offering to donate 10% of any full price massage booked this week, towards breast cancer research.
Take a look at the benefits of massage and donate money to a great cause as well.
Massage is beneficial because it…
– Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs;
– Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer. Furthermore, increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body’s largest organ –the skin;
– Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles;
– Reduces spasms and cramping;
– Increases joint flexibility;
– Reduces recovery time and helps prepare the body for strenuous workouts, reducing subsequent muscle pain of athletes at any level;
– Releases endorphins — the body’s natural painkiller — and is proving very beneficial in patients with chronic illness, injury, and post-op pain;
– Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred;
– Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain;
– Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication;
– Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion;
– Assists with shorter labor for expectant mothers, as well as reduces the need for medication, eases postpartum depression and anxiety, and contributes to a shorter hospital stay.
Heather Rosen is in home massage therapist. Her practice focuses on women, prenatal, masectomy massage, post cancer massages, plus other modalities. She is also working towards obtaining my massage doula certification. Check out her web site and support a fellow GCU student! http://www.3hhhs.com